Frequently Asked Questions
This page was last updated on July 30, 2020.
We have compiled questions submitted by parents regarding our reopening of campus for the 2020-2021 school year.
Please understand that our plans and procedures may change based on updates to guidance from state and county authorities, the Houston Health Department, and the CDC.
We encourage you to check back frequently for updates.
RESPONSE TO CONFIRMED COVID-19 CASES
- If we have a confirmed COVID case, will the whole class be required to quarantine for 14 days?
- What if a teacher gets COVID?
- Will repeat testing and a negative PCR panel be required for a student/teacher to come back to school?
- Does a student/teacher with confirmed COVID-19 or COVID-19 symptoms need a doctor’s note to return to school?
- If we have a confirmed COVID case, will every class that the student/teacher attends/instructs be asked to quarantine?
PHYSICAL DISTANCING & SAFETY MEASURES
- Do parents need to provide student face masks? - Updated July 24
- Is there a way to limit class sizes to 10 students per room?
- How will students social distance during lunch?
- How will students social distance during recess?
- How will students social distance during PE?
- Will the classrooms be adequately ventilated?