Process & Application
We are pleased that you are considering Saint Thomas’ Episcopal School for your child. The Admissions Office recommends prospective families submit an application for admission the fall preceding the year of intended enrollment. For information specific to the Preschool Program offered by Saint Thomas’ Episcopal Church, visit stepreschool.org.
Important Application Dates
Priority Application Deadline: Applications submitted after this date will be considered based on availability of space.
Deadline to complete applicant files. This includes submission of test results, school records, teacher recommendation(s), and completion of family interview.
Admissions decisions are sent to students applying by the priority deadline.
- STEP 1: SUBMIT THE ADMISSIONS APPLICATION
- STEP 2: REGISTER FOR A PLACEMENT TEST
- STEP 3: SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS
- STEP 4: PROVIDE RECOMMENDATION(S)
- STEP 5: ATTEND A FAMILY INTERVIEW
- If applying to Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, go to catstexas.com to register for testing by December 1.
- If applying to grades 5th and higher, go to iseetest.org to register for testing by December 1. Applicants may test at any school administering the ISEE, but scores must be sent to STE using our school code (443433).
- If applying to Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th, only one teacher recommendation is required.
- If applying to 6th or higher, two teacher recommendations (one from a Math teacher and one from an English teacher) are required. The two teacher recommendation forms should be given to your child’s current Math and English teachers in early December.
After submission of your child’s completed admissions application, you may schedule a family interview on campus by calling the Admissions Office at 713.666.3111. The applicant and one or both parents should attend the interview.
For files completed after the published deadlines, the Admissions Committee will render decisions as it is able provided that available space remains in the desired grade of entry.
If applying for need-based financial aid, fill out a confidential application online by March 1. Should you have questions, visit Tuition & Financial Aid or contact the Business Office at 713.666.3111.