Our Preschool Program is based on appropriate early childhood practices and principles. Saint Thomas’ Episcopal Church is committed to the development and enrichment of the complete child, and our teachers guide children to promote their emotional, social, physical, intellectual, and spiritual strengths.
School Philosophy & Core Values
Our curriculum, classrooms, and outdoor activities are carefully designed to support our goals to:
- Promote positive and collaborative learning and problem solving skills
- Produce social skills and emotional awareness to build independence and relationships
- Enhance both fine and gross motor skills to facilitate prewriting
- Grow in God’s love with an understanding of Christianity
- Establish a sense of community and a proper understanding of stewarding God’s creation
Teaching practices are appropriate to each child’s age and developmental status. Our teachers use effective developmentally appropriate teaching strategies. The Preschool teachers encourage persistence by modeling attitudes and approaches to problems instead of simply providing the answers. Modeling provokes children’s thinking and enables them to ask questions. Each teacher’s main objective is to foster a love of learning in children. Overall, we encourage creative expression as a process, rather than a product.
Our assessments of children are directly aligned to our curriculum. This assessment process allows for the teacher to know the areas that a child’s development needs strengthening. It also allows for each child to be taught at his or her own level and provides a clear tool to discuss goals with parents. Teachers give specific feedback, create or add challenges, and in some cases, reduce challenges to guide them in the right direction.
Spanish, Pilates, library, Chapel, and music enrichment classes are offered for
Pre-K 3 and Pre-K 4 as part of the regular school day. Soccer is offered after school for an additional fee for Pre-K 3 and Pre-K 4.
Hours & Days of Operation
You may choose to enroll your child two, three, or five days a week in Pre-K 2 and Pre-K 3 classes. Pre-K 4 is a five-day program only. Beginning in Pre-K 3 your child must be potty-trained prior to start of school.
|Regular||9:00 a.m.||2:00 p.m.|
|Before care||7:30 a.m.||9:00 a.m.|
|After care||2:00 p.m.||3:30 p.m.|
- Application: Click here to begin the process.
- Teacher Recommendation Form: Download the standard form here.
- Student Observation: A 30-minute observation may be scheduled by contacting the Preschool Director, Amy Savage at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.666.3111, ext. 3131.
- Family Interview: Please email Amy Savage to schedule.
Tuition Rates and Fees
Please click here to see our tuition rates and fees. Please contact us at Preschool@stes.org or 713.666.3111 for additional information.
Medical Release Form
A medical release statement is required prior to the first day of school. Download the form by clicking here. Please fax (713) 668-3887 or mail to STE Attention: Amy Savage a signed copy with a complete immunization record prior to the first day of school.