The Admission Office recommends prospective families submit an application for admission the fall preceding the year of intended enrollment. For information about our Early Childhood Learning Program, please click here.
Now that the priority application deadline for the 2015-2016 school year has passed, we will receive and review applications on a rolling basis.
Click on the steps below for detailed information.
Step 1: Submit the admissions application
Visit stes.org and click on the Admissions tab to fill out an online application. The priority deadline for submitting applications is February 1.
Step 2: Register for a placement test
• If applying to K-Bridge, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, go to catstexas.com to register for testing by December 1.
• If applying to grades 5th and higher, go to iseetest.org to register for testing by January 5. Applicants may test at any school administering the ISEE, but scores must be sent to STE using our school code (443433).
Step 3: Submit Transcripts
The transcript release form should be submitted to your child’s current school in early December so that their first semester grades are included in the official records the school sends STE.
Step 4: Provide Recommendation(s)
• If applying to 6th or higher, two teacher recommendations (one from a Math teacher and one from an English teacher) are required. The two teacher recommendation forms should be given to your child’s current Math and English teachers in early December. Click here to access these forms.
Step 5: Family Interview
• Shortly after submission of your child’s completed admissions application, you will receive an email instructing you how to schedule a family interview on campus. The applicant, and one or both parents, should attend the interview.
• After applying to K-Bridge or Kindergarten, you will receive an email instructing you how to schedule a group evaluation for either January 30 or February 6.
For files completed after the published deadlines, the Admissions Committee will render decisions as it is able provided that available space remains in the desired grade of entry.
If applying for need-based financial aid, fill out a confidential application online by March 1. Should you have questions or plan to apply after the deadline, contact the Financial Office at 713.666.3111.