Admission ProcessThe Admission Office recommends prospective families submit an application for admission the fall preceding the year of intended enrollment.
February 1, 2015
Priority Application Deadline: applications submitted after this date will be considered based on availability of space.
February 14, 2015
Deadline to complete admission applicant files
(This includes submission of admission test results, school records, teacher recommendation(s), and completion of the family interview.)
Admission decisions are mailed to students applying by the priority deadline.
Click on the steps below for detailed information.
Step 1: Submit the admissions application
Visit stes.org and click on the Admissions tab to fill out an online application. The priority deadline for submitting applications is February 1, 2015.
Step 2: Register for a placement test
• If applying to K-Bridge, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, go to catstexas.com to register for testing by December 1, 2014.
• If applying to grades 5th and higher, go to iseetest.org to register for testing by January 5, 2015. Applicants may test at any school administering the ISEE, but scores must be sent to STE using our school code (443433).
Step 3: Submit Transcripts
The transcript release form should be submitted to your child’s current school in early December so that their first semester grades are included in the official records the school sends STE.
Step 4: Provide Recommendation(s)
• If applying to 6th or higher, two teacher recommendations (one from a Math teacher and one from an English teacher) are required. The two teacher recommendation forms should be given to your child’s current Math and English teachers in early December 2014. Click here to access these forms.
Step 5: Family Interview
• Shortly after submission of your child’s completed admissions application, you will receive an email instructing you how to schedule a family interview on campus. The applicant, and one or both parents, should attend the interview.
• After applying to K-Bridge or Kindergarten, you will receive an email instructing you how to schedule a group evaluation for either January 30 or February 6, 2015.
The deadline to complete application files, including receipt of test results, transcripts, teacher recommendation(s), and the family interview, is February 14, 2015. Decision letters will be sent in mid-March to each candidate who has completed their file by the priority deadline. For files completed after the published deadlines, the Admissions Committee will render decisions as it is able provided that available space remains in the desired grade of entry.
If applying for need-based financial aid, fill out a confidential application online by March 1, 2015. Should you have questions, contact the STE Financial Office at 713.666.3111.
Important Notice: Saint Thomas’ Episcopal will continue to accept applications for all grades on a space available basis. Please contact Danny Kahalley, Director of Admission, for more information at 713.559.1621.
Admission at a Glance
Download our 2014-2015 Admission Requirements, Dates and Fee Schedule.