Join the STE Family
Saint Thomas’ Episcopal School employs individuals who are committed to upholding our mission of forming honorable men and women through a classical education grounded in a Christ-centered world view.
Personal Qualities We Seek in Faculty Candidates:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in desired teaching area
- Prior teaching experience
- Ability to communicate with and motivate children
- Demonstrated commitment to being a life-long learner
- Willingness to contribute to the general welfare of the school and its students beyond the classroom
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Successful experience integrating technology into the classroom
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Saint Thomas’ Episcopal Church & School (collectively the “School”) prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, disability, or veteran status.
The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are at least 40 years of age.
Applying for Current Openings
If you are interested in one of the opportunities listed below, please complete and submit the appropriate application along with a copy of your résumé as indicated below.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field
- Master’s Degree in Library Science, and evidence of having worked with children in kindergarten through eighth grade in a classroom setting
- The preferred candidate would have two to five years of experience in a classroom setting.
Required Teaching Components:
In corroboration with the middle school English department, this position will include middle school teaching responsibilities throughout the week. The goals of these teaching responsibilities will be to:
- Educate our students on modern academic research methods via online database and web research engine usage.
- Manage middle school reading program via online tools like Accelerated Reader.
- Dedicate time for middle school students to read for classroom requirements and for pleasure.
- Excellent classroom management skills and a capacity to build effective relationships with students and staff
- Maintain, organize, catalogue and process resources of all media types so that they are accessible to the entire school
- Guide students and staff through online data retrieval
- Promote books and reading by coordinating school-wide reading programs and book fairs
- Teach students effective research methods
- An ability to empower students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of information
- Provide the leadership and expertise necessary to ensure that the library program us aligned with the mission, goals and objectives of the school, and is an integral component of the learning/instructional program
- To build the capacity of students and staff to retrieve, evaluate and organize information through flexible scheduling and independent use of the library media center
- Collaborate with teachers to integrate information literacy, technology into the classroom
- Performs as a liaison to faculty and staff to provide current information on available library services which may also be helpful in the classroom setting
- Organize, catalog and process resources of all media types so that they are accessible to the entire school
Qualified applicants please submit a resume and completed application to Carroll Rhoads, Assistant to the Headmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax: 713-668-3887.
High School Biology Instructor
St. Thomas’ Episcopal School is seeking a high school science instructor to teach 3 sections of 9th grade Biology, and one section of AP Biology laboratory for the 2014-2015 school year. The ideal candidate should have a biology or related degree. High school teaching experience is preferred, but not required. An experienced AP level teacher would also have the option to teach AP Biology. We are seeking a teacher who is committed to collaborating and growing in their teaching practice. The position will require someone who will support diverse learners in the classroom, and will challenge students to create and develop self-guided inquiry. Qualified applicants please submit a resume and completed application to Carroll Rhoads, Assistant to the Headmaster at email@example.com, or fax: 713-668-3887.
Early Childhood Instructor
St. Thomas Episcopal Church has an immediate opening for an Early Childhood Instructor for the 2013-2014 school year. The ideal candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education preferred, or CDA required, and must be CPR and First Aid certified. They must have at least three years experience in planning and teaching in a licensed program, and the ability to communicate and motivate children. Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and completed application to Amanda Welch, ECLP Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After School Instructor
Ideal candidates must be at least 18 years of age and able to work from 3:30 to 5:30 pm., Monday through Friday. Duties include but are not limited to: supervision of children, homework assistance, group games, outdoor play, arts and crafts and much more. Experience working with children is required. Qualified applicants should email a resume and completed application the Assistant to the Headmaster, email@example.com, or fax to 713-668-3887.
Part-time School Bus Driver
Hours are varied and include some weekends. Candidates must have a CDL Class B with a P (Passenger) endorsement, and an S (School Bus) endorsement. Bus driving experience is preferred. Qualified applicants should email a completed application with resume to the Director of Transportation Services, firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 713.668.3887.